Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Friday, February 23, 2007

I Hate The Trick Joke Birthday Candles...

Image hosting by Photobucket

... they're just not funny anymore. Were they, ever?


Two years ago today, Tavern Wench Blog was born. Happy Birthday To Me.

A great deal has changed over the past two years, and recognizing milestones makes me realize how much we've all been through. Lately, good things seem to be happening to all of my friends, and it makes me happy and optimistic. It's encouraging when cool things happen to cool people, and it makes me wonder if something is in the air, like fairy-dust, waking us all up...


As always, Creepy Digital Birthday Cakes are cheerfully accepted in the comments section or per email as a celebratory token. I hope Louis is still reading; he gifted the creepiest birthday cakes ever.

As your hostess-with-the-mostest, I offer a favorite recipe, in an exceedingly giddy mood:

Champagne Dreams Cocktail

Begin with a level scoop of ice in a pint glass. Add:
- 1 oz Grey Goose Vodka
- 1/2 oz Pama Liqueur (pomegranate liqueur)
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- Splash of Orange Juice
- Shake and strain into large champagne flute
- Float champagne (about a third of the glass up to the rim) slowly over a bar spoon so as not to disrupt the fizz.
- Garnish with a few shards or orange zest and a thick, juicy, fresh-cut orange wheel.


Thank you to everyone who has continued to read this silly little blog throughout 2006. What an accomplished year I've had!! (Isn't that what you're supposed to write on the occasion of your blogiversary?) I was nominated for a Food Blog Award, for example. Sure, that's pretty much all I've got, but it's nonetheless been an interesting year behind the bar, and an even more interesting one behind this keyboard. An amazing year, really. I'm feeling oddly upbeat and excited about the future. Can't tell you how much I appreciate all of you who email, comment, and have blogs of your own.

A toast to the bloggers, and the blog readers, especially mine, at every barstool!! Happy Tavern Wench Birthday! Cheers!!


You had a good time drinking all of our wine
After the show
We all rode the wave of that crazy parade
Oh, where'd ya go
What happened to the ones we knew
As long as I'm the shiniest star
Oh, there you are

Farewell to old friends, let's raise a glass to the bitter end
Farewell to old friends, we'll still be here when you come 'round again

- Dixie Chicks, "Bitter End"

Technorati Tags: , , ,