Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ooooh! My first entry!

Well, ok... not really my first entry. Nudge, nudge!!

Hello, blog dorks! With the proliferation of server rants now populating the blogosphere, I thought it high time to discuss another aspect of the hospitality business... bartending.

I'm Jen, I've been bartending for over ten years now, and do I have stories!

My personal goals for this blog:


  • A place where bartenders can hang their hats, rant away, and blow off some steam. Blow it off here, my bar lovelies... it's preferable to throwing a Sapphire Gimlet in someone's face. I'm here to save your job!
  • I want to share my stories, tips, advice and what-not with the species known as Bar Customers. You know who you are... here's where you'll learn how to get into that special barmaid's heart.
  • It is my special, and most fervent, wish to rid America of the word "barmaid."

Fun stuff to follow... keep your eyes on this spot before you order or serve another fuckin' stupid Yuppie Cosmo!

In closing my first ever blog entry, I'd like to give props to my inspiration, the enormously talented and funny "Waiter" of Waiter Rant. You can find his fabulous blog at http://waiterrant.blogspot.com/. Nobody nails this industry better, with panache and cut, than Waiter. Check it out!