Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Haven't quit yet!

But honestly, my new clientèle? Not so terribly interesting. Going to have to work on that. Maybe once they warm up to me a little? This blog sucks without stories, and makes work so much more like, well, work! I got into this business for the money, I stayed with it for the camaraderie of a professional kitchen, and the ever-changing cast of characters.

So far, though? Feels different out there than it used to...

The offered me the office, offered me the shop
They said I'd better take anything they'd got
Do you wanna make tea at the BBC?
Do you wanna be, do you really wanna be a cop?

Career opportunities are the ones that never knock
Every job they offer you is to keep you out the dock
Career opportunity, the ones that never knock

The Clash, "Career Opportunities"