Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gettin' back in the groove

Wow, I forgot how much bartending makes my feet hurt. Ouch. They're practically throbbing right now. Much like the pain of childbirth (I'm only guessing here), it's one of those parts that escapes the mind when you decide to, you know, do it again. Hey, at least it's just a little part-time giggy-thing this time around. I think I can hang.

I also forgot how much I dislike serving the clergy (and when you live in a city more Catholic than Rome*, you get a lot of that). Well, serving the clergy is just fine, really, but settling the tab is often disappointing. Yes, I realize they took a vow of poverty, and that's super, but it doesn't exactly help me make my car payment...

It's been a hard day's night
And I've been workin' like a dog
It's been a hard day's night
I should be sleepin' like a log

The Beatles, "A Hard Day's Night"

*Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just adding a little local insight. Please, no hate mail unless it is accompanied by a large check.