Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Read The News Today, Oh Boy

Just a short post to inform my devoted readers (all five of you!) that, like so many Americans, I have just lost my job.

Kicked to the curb. Out, damn spot! Job? Eliminated. It's not your fault, the economy sucks, so no hard feelings, OK? We shall manage the place all by ourselves, thank you very much. Oh, wait, there was no thank you... just a sort of unceremonious dumping.

When I feel a little bit better about heading for the unemployment line, I'll write up all the sordid details for your entertainment! But in the meantime, if you know of any restaurant, hotel or tavern owner looking for a kick-ass manager who delivers results, please drop me an email. Indulge me in this one thing... my resume is rather stellar.

I got a job waitin' for my graduation
Fifty-thou a year, buys a lotta beer
Things are going great, and they're only gettin' better
I'm doin' all right, gettin' good grades
The future's so bright
I gotta wear shades

- Timbuk3, "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades"'
/snark /irony

Technorati Tags: ,