Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Now Hiring for Summer Employment

Edited on June 12, 2008

I've decided to take this post down for reasons I imagine those who read it can sympathize with. I apologize for any confusion to my readers who read the original post, and those who did not. It revealed personal details about a coworker of mine, and I'm concerned that were this person to read the post, he might wonder why I did not ask permission to write about him. Please do trust that nothing in the post was hurtful; rather, it was full of concern and worry on my part and I've decided it really wasn't appropriate to write about in the first place. Of course I realize nothing on the internet disappears forever, but I felt the least I could do was to attempt to just, I don't know, take it back somehow, and reach out to the coworker in a far less public way.

Again, my apologies to everyone involved. Should you have any concerns after reading this edit, please feel free to email me.

And if you haven't heard the song below in awhile, or ever, you really should give it a listen. :-)

In this proud land we grew up strong
We were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win
I never thought I could fail
No fight left or so it seems, I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name
But no one wants you when you lose

Don't give up, 'cause you have friends
Don't give up, you're not beaten yet
Don't give up, I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around
Never thought that I could be affected
Thought that we'd be last to go
It is so strange, the way things turn

- Peter Gabriel with Kate Bush, "Don't Give Up"

Technorati Tags: ,