Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

She Grew Up In An Indiana Town

Image hosting by Photobucket

Well, our long national nightmare has passed, and the Pennsyvania Primary is finally over.

Suddenly, Indiana just became the most important state in the union. The Hoosier State is but a stone's throw from here, and some of my dearest friends are Hoosiers, so I've thus decided that means I can see into the future and predict Hillary Clinton's campaign for the next two weeks there.

"I'm from Muncie. Bob Knight raised me. Breaking Away is my favorite movie... ever! I went on tour with Mellencamp, and I'm Peyton Manning's mom. Last Dance With Mary Jane? Yeah. That was written about me.

I really like sweet corn. I drove the Pace Car at the Indy 500. Chelsea and I sell limestone dolls and ginseng at a flea market in Metamora on the weekends.*"

I'm not sure if it's fascinating, or terrifying, to be living in a tri-state area with two primaries to go. One thing's for certain... two more weeks of shameless pandering and awful media coverage! Yay.

There's pigeons down on Market Square
She's standin' in her underwear
Lookin down from a hotel room
Nightfall will be comin' soon
Oh my my, oh hell yes
You've got to put on that party dress
It was too cold to cry when I woke up alone
I hit my last number, I walked to the road

- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "Mary Jane's Last Dance"


*all props to Jon for the back-and-forth. Feel free to add on in comments!