Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Overheard

Overheard at the bar:

"I wish Dubya was running again, just so I could vote against him."

Yes, America, Chris Matthews, Wolf Blitzer, political-glam-bloggers, Tim Russert, and even Maureen Dowd... this is Ohio. I wonder which way that dude will go? There are many like him, but I imagine you're a little too bored and caught up in your narrative to bother talking to him.


The story is on that bar stool right in front of you, Anderson Cooper. Put down the Cosmo (you just know he's a Cosmo guy and I mean that in the best possible, good-tipper way) and interview that dude, seriously.

I just watched an hour of Larry King interviewing Samwise Gamgee and The Nanny on the Ohio election, and I'm thinking, well, what the fuck? Who are these producers/bookers at CNN, and how can I tap into such a cakey, mindless, well-paying, let's-ring-up-the-D-List-because-who-really-gives-a-shit-we'll-talk-to-anybody-about-flyover-state-politics job?

I'm telling you, I would excel at that kind of work.

So odd to have been jealous, all these years, of Iowa and New Hampshire, only to find John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Mike Huckabee and Barack Obama knocking on the doors of my own back yard. In the now.

Isn't it whack, my fellow Buckeyes?

I've realized it really is true... if you live long enough, you'll see everything.

And, finally, Off-Ohio-Political-Maelstrom-Topic: Rest in peace,
Mike Smith. And thanks to you and the lads for some timeless, and fun, words:

Now we gotta run, mmmm-mm-mm
No more time for fun, mmmm-mm-mm
When we're getting angry, mmmm-mm-mm
We will yell with all of our might
Catch us if you can, catch us if you can
Yeahhhhh

- Dave Clark Five, "Catch Us If You Can"

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,