Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Good Times

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sean Hannity Freedom Concert - Kings Island - Tonight

I couldn't agree more about rallying for the troops. But, I can assure you, I've had way more fun at Timberwolf (Tears for Fears, Howard Jones, and Midge Ure, hellooooo) than these poor folks are having listening to Lee Greenwood in this freakish, soupy heat, right about now.


Update: The Enquirer has a story about the Freedom Concert here; the show drew a crowd of 10,000. While the cause, providing scholarships to the children of our fallen military, is excellent, I just don't care for jingoism at concerts. And I especially wouldn't enjoy listening to Oliver North, who once coordinated the covert sale of weapons to Iran, lecture me on patriotism and our nation's struggle against terrorism. Strikes me as pretty distasteful, honestly.

And do you feel scared
Well I do
But i won't stop and falter
And if we threw it all away
Things can only get better

- Howard Jones, "Things Can Only Get Better"


Technorati Tags: , , ,