Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cake, or Death?

Bartenders love to eavesdrop. It's easy to look busy and unaffected while picking up the droplets of your conversations.

Tonight, a couple argued at the bar. They looked miserable when they walked in, and I could tell that they were uneasy with each other, but didn't really get the enormity of their dispute until I heard the woman say:

"I don't want a man who decorates cakes for a living!! I want a man who can wrestle a steer!!"

Anyone think their relationship lasted through dessert? Decorated or un?

I honestly felt sorry for the guy. I hope he told her to go find her cowpoke.

I said I wanna touch the earth
I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly
I wanna sleep on the hard ground
In the comfort of your arms
On a pillow of bluebonnets
In a blanket made of stars
Oh it sounds good to me
Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue
Set me free, oh, I pray
Closer to heaven above and closer to you

Dixie Chicks, "Cowboy Take Me Away"

Technorati Tags: ,