Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Friday, October 13, 2006

Bad Jokes Are Better Than No Jokes

God, it's been a slow week. Painfully slow. As in, I'm-going-to-miss-my-minimum-credit-card-payment slow. I've been dying to tell everyone a story, but if they're not walking through the door, I'm not blogging about them.

It was a joy, therefore, to see Mr. Vee, an oldster, a favorite regular and the kind of guy who loves to tell corny jokes. For once, he told one that I laughed at authentically.

So, two vampires walk into a bar. Bartender says, "What can I get for you guys?"

One vampire says, "I'll take a pint of blood. My friend wants a pint of plasma."

Bartender replies, "Got it. One Blood, one Blood Light."


Yeh, yeh. Don't worry, he's got a day job. But I giggled heartily.

It's Friday the 13th. Something's bound to happen tonight. Right?