Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This was sad, sad news to wake up to on a lazy Labor Day holiday:

Stingray kills "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin

Say what you will about Steve Irwin, but I just loved the guy. He took the least-cuddly, least-loved animals in the world and made you admire them, want to learn more about them, and, most importantly, respect them. The first time I ever saw him on TV, he was on the ground, eyeball-to-eyeball with a deadly Australian Brown Snake. I thought he was insane, and fell for him immediately. I'm one of those people who is a little nutty when it comes to loving critters, so I truly admired his energy, his bravery, his goofiness, and his unapologetic devotion to nature and conservation, most notably in the achingly beautiful country of Australia.

Wasn't he everybody's favorite Aussie (besides Dirk) ? I'm tellin' ya, we're probably as choked up about the loss of the Croc Hunter over here as you are in Oz.

I can't believe how bummed I am at the news. Wilderness just lost one of its best friends, and it is my sincere hope that Steve never knew what hit him when that stingray flipped and attacked Just hope it was quick, you know?.

I lift an oilcan of Fosters for ya, mate. Cheers to Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter!


Update: Anyone remember this ESPN commercial where UF's Albert E. Alligator met The Crocodile Hunter? Adds a smile to a sad day.
Source - AlbertBanks

Technorati Tags: