Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Thursday, August 31, 2006

It Could Happen To You

Applebee's Bartender gets $10,000 tip on $26 tab

Of course, this is Applebee's we're talking about, so two weeks later, they're still trying to verify the tip. God, I hope they don't make her tip out the management...

Who doesn't remember that wonderful (not really) movie starring Nick Cage and Bridget Fonda (whatever happened to her, anyway?) where a cop left a waitress a winning lottery ticket as a tip? I'm pretty sure that was a true story, too.

I'd love for this to happen to me one day (it won't), and so would my sweet mom, who sent me this link which propelled me into a seething rage of jealousy and wishful thinking. But you know what I really want? I've always wished I could just walk into a restaurant with a pocketful of cash and make someone's day. It's the only reason I still tolerate Ben Affleck.

Cheers to the big tipper, and cheers to Cindy Kienow! Even though 10 large won't buy her a new Jeep.