Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Can't Help It

Image hosting by Photobucket


Hey, I'm no hunter (not that there's anything wrong with that), but why are you hunting birds and at the same time aiming your weapon at those folks who are 6 feet and under? Sweet Buttery Jesus, even I took an NRA safety course. Don't birds fly in the sky? Why are you shooting in the brush, you dumbass?

Just wondering... I mean, seriously. Doesn't Cheney worry about shooting his dogs, let alone aged humans, fer chrissake? It would be funny, if the old guy wasn't in intensive care, and if the White House Press Corps weren't ignoring that crucial slant to the story. The man was shot. He's not as well as we've been led to believe.

Start reporting. If the Vice President wasn't drunk, then he's got even more explaining to do.

In historical news, Cheney joins Aaron Burr on the short list of "Vice Presidents Who Have Shot A Man While In Office." We do indeed live in interesting times.

The Vice President of the United States Shot an Elderly Man in the Face.

Now, that's a headline if I ever did read one.

Well, I went home with the waitress, the way I always do
How was I to know she was with the Russians, too
I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
Dad, get me out of this
I'm the innocent bystander
Somehow I got stuck between the rock and the hard place
And I'm down on my luck
And I'm down on my luck
And I'm down on my luck

Warren Zevon, "Lawyers, Guns and Money"