Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Crazy Delicious

I'm a bit behind the times, but I'm compelled to link to the now-infamous "Narnia" rap performed by Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell, nigh a few weeks ago. Girl acted like she'd never seen a ten before! If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to enter the realm of so fifteen minutes ago. Still, I'll always have love for a classic SNL skit. It's the best thing since "More Cowbell."

Our most experienced server, Bob, found himself triple-sat and flustered tonight. At one point, he mixed up two checks. One couple had a $54 bottle of wine, an appetizer, two entrees, dessert, and after dinner drinks. The other had two fresh catches and iced tea. The wine couple received the wrong check, promptly paid and scooted out the door. C'mon, now. I really don't get it, what with karma and all. What would you do? I'd tell the server that he gave us the wrong check, that's what I'd do. Apparently, others wouldn't. Bob worked for free tonight, after already putting in a full shift at his day job. He paid for your wine, and your tip... feel good? Slapping yourself on the back? Shame on you.

Honest Peoples = Crazy Delicious!