Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nick Lachey can STFU!

I've never been a fan of the Cincinnati Enquirer, our hometown pape. But occassionaly, I pick through a copy at work to catch up on local happenings, or just read it online.

Today, the talk of the town is the (UC Bearcats basketball coach) Bob Huggins saga, so it seemed pertinent to actually read the local news today. Imagine my shock, however, when I discovered that the Enquirer has turned to Nick Lachey as a special contributor.

Yep. That Nick Lachey.

Nick Lachey is really, really mad at UC!

Oh, he's special, all right. You won't be surprised to find out that Nick Can't Write. He sounds like a breathless fourteen-year-old girl posting to a "Laguna Beach: The Real OC" Fan Board. And I've always had this bone to pick with the Cincy-boy-cum-LA-celebrity-husband and Biggest Bearcats Fan: did he even attend the University of Cincinnati? At all? Ever?

If he's an actual graduate, I'd say Bob Huggins recruited him, judging by his writing skills.


My favorite part? Where he shames the entire UC alumni for allowing the firing of Bob Huggins. You have got to be fucking kidding me, Nick.

I've got to run to work now, but maybe later I'll post some of my favorite, personal Bob Huggins stories. Bob was quite the regular at a very popular Cincinnati nightspot I used to work for. I will say that I base my extremely negative opinion of Coach Huggins mostly on my personal interactions with him, regardless of the fact that I think he's a talented recruiter, but lousy coach.