Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Down Goes Carlson!!

I've been dealing with computer glitches since last week, along with an absence of amusing bar stories (thanks for nothing, boring customers!!!). Yet I'm grateful for the small things... at least the lack of raw material and computer crash occurred at the same time.

Now that I'm back online, I've been devouring the web like a free parfait from the neighborhood Creamy Whip! It's funny, the things you miss, the things you swear you could do without, say, on a desert island, or during some other improbable scenario. I find myself so internet-starved that I'm googling things like "Regional Kentucky Bourbons", "Truman's letters to the New York Times" and "Neighborhood Creamy Whips" in one sitting. I mean, I haven't even had time to do the mundane things, like checking my email and deleting freaky sexual spam (when not sweepstakes-related).

Please enjoy one of my favorite finds during an aimless night back online, the funniest thing I've seen, since, well, Britney & Kevin's "Chaotic."

Don Imus Berates Tucker Carlson - via Crooks and Liars (.wmv)

My favorite part? Imus, referring to the bowtied-Tucker Carlson's upcoming MSNBC show, says, flatly, "You could set an egg timer to how long this thing is gonna last."

May the Gods of Amusement send me a bar story for the week! I'd hate to dig deep into the repertoire...