Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Camille Paglia Slams Bloggers, Continuing Streak of Irrelevance, in New Book

In a snooty new Salon (under new management!) article, Camille Paglia "slams bloggers and trendy academics for degrading language -- and calls for a passionate revival of the great artistic tradition of the West."

Read on for more snobby bullshit:

http://www.salon.com/books/int/2005/04/07/paglia/index.html

Allow me to be the first so say Fuck Camille Paglia, and the Ivory Tower She Rode In On.

If America can unite on one issue, it's that we're collectively over Camille "I wouldn't know the Real World if it bit me in my flabby, I'm hotter than I think I am ass" Paglia. Right?

A selection of her self-important greatness:

The blogs, for example, are becoming so self-referential. If people want to be better writers, they can't just read the blogs! You've got to look at something that's outside this rushing world of evanescent words. Nowhere in blog pages does anyone pay attention to the individual word -- things are moving too fast. Someone like Emily Dickinson was working with the dictionary and looking at the etymology of the word, so that you have all this tremendous stuff going on within a single word!

Blogs are becoming self-referential? Is Camille that out of touch? Thanks, Captain Obvious, for defining "blog = diary" for me.

In bartending news, one of our underage barbacks has taken a liking to vermouth, room temperature, mixed with a splash of Apple Pucker (room temperature, vile at any temperature). Caught him this evening, while he thought I was stocking beer.

I'm far more concerned about his lack of alcohol knowledge than his 1-year-from-legal status. Of course he's going to drink. But vermouth?