Of Bars, Booze, and Bartending - Proving "Coughlin's Law" Invalid Since Feb '05

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Scream without raising your voice

It's been a rough week so far. Maybe it's the sleeting, bone-chilling Ohio cold. Or maybe, it's them. Everyone is just so damned cranky. It's too late in the winter to suffer this weather. I can hardly blame my soaked customers when they zip into the tavern, battered, wet, thirsty, pissed off and ready for spring. Sometimes I want to ignore them; other times I just want to offer them a piping bowl of homemade soup. We're all in this together, aren't we?

Step on a steam train, step out of the driving rain, maybe...

I would like to thank U2 for raising my mood throughout the week (the VH1/Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Special helped). 25 years of mood-raising. I feel positively blessed to have grown up with them.

I've gotta do something, about where we're going...

Whatever it takes to keep one's sanity. If only our customers knew the songs playing through our heads while we work. I imagine that we all do this, no matter what kind of work we do.

Under black belly of cloud in the rain...

We all have different soundtracks. We whistle while we work, and smile to each other, sometimes singing along, when we recognize the tune. Tonight, my soundtrack was U2.

White golden pearls, stolen from the sea, she is raging, she is raging... and a storm blows up in her eyes...